Saturday, May 24, 2008

the yoga eventuality


There are several eventualities for me. I think that I know myself well enough to know that there are certain things I will definitely end up doing in my life time. As I've mentioned before, vegetarianism was one of them. Getting a tattoo is another one. I know it's just a matter of time and circumstance. Yoga has also been one of my eventualities. I was inevitably going to start doing yoga regularly. Today I started that eventuality.

I went to my first yoga class today, starting my instruction at Yogashala off of Division. After Chi-Kung, I felt that I was beyond prepared for beginners yoga. However, I do like starting at the beginning so that I feel I'm not missing anything. It was nice and relaxing. There were only two other students there so I received a lot of attention from the teacher, which was good this time. I did the mountain stance, the horse pose, the rock pose, the locust and a couple of others.

It wasn't all spiritual like I thought it would be. I have no problem with mediation but I don't like to pay homage to deities. There wasn't a lot of pressure to do that. It was all just very nice and chill and I thought I performed rather nicely. I'm looking forward to going again!

No comments: