Saturday, March 31, 2012

too much variety with too little show



Scott, a co-worker of mine, and his band hosted a variety show tonight at the Mt Tabor theater. It was fun and it definitely delivered on the variety. He put out a Craigslist ad for acts to perform and left it really open to interpretation as to what a "performance" would entail. Some acts were dreadfully bad. Some, however, were spectacular. Molly Bang was fun and good as they have been in the past when I've seen them. There was one stand-up comedian who was pretty funny but my favorite act of the night was a poet called Mike McGee. He commanded attention and lived up to his end of the deal by bringing a wonderfully funny and passionate performance.

Another co-worker Tyler was supposed to go on later but ended up getting pushed to the end of the night at which point he just wanted to get it over with. I hope I can see him sometime later when he's more jazzed for his performance. At any rate, tonight was entertaining if not a bit too long.

What else?
Sophia gave me some instruction on how to change a bike tire today. I had a flat last night so today we stopped at Seven Corners to get a tube. I'm so slow at changing tires but I typically don't do it properly with tire levers. I think I understand it a little better now. However, the patch I put on didn't work because after the show, the tire was flat again. I'm a bit nervous too because tomorrow is the Tweed Ride and tire problems always come in sets of three for me. 

No comments: