Wednesday, March 28, 2012

organizing the obsolete

It's rare these days that I pull out one of my CD's. If I do, it's likely that I'm just importing a few songs from the CD to my I-tunes and then I put the CD back. It's a shame because now I don't listen to full albums and I don't really appreciate the artistic message that artist may be trying to get across. However, it's sooo much more convenient this way. If I had the disk space, I'd probably just import every song off every CD I own so I don't have to bother with my discs. Alas, I don't have that much room so I still rely on the disc on occasion.

Since my move last year, I haven't had a spot for my discs. I can't just put them out in the garage either because I do have the periodic need to listen to a song off of some of them and it would just be too cumbersome to have to go to the garage every time. Instead, I decided to follow Ashes' and Victory's lead and build some shelves.

A & V built a big shelf in their living room for their bad cat to climb. It's helped his temperament quite a bit and the other cats like it too. All they did was get brackets and a board at Home Depot (along with screwing in some other book shelves into the wall so the cats can get up with ease). I've been looking around for pre-constructed shelving to put my CD's up. However, doing it myself (with their help) was easy and I got just what I wanted. It's sooooo nice to have the CD's organized again, even if I will probably not actually use them.

No comments: