Wednesday, March 14, 2012

it's pi day, pi day!

I hate math but I love pie so I am willing to compromise and celebrate Pi day (3/14) by eating a variety of pies. I went to the Pacific Pie Company today and was charged $3.14 for my savory pie (i love it!) and got a sweet pie as well. Later on, I had some pizza pie. This is a holiday I could get behind, even if it is only an approximation.

What else?
I turned in my last assignments for my Wednesday class last week. The teacher said she was going to look over everyone assignments and pick four that do a good job of representing the different options for the assignment. She ended up asking for volunteers and, as I've said before, this class is really apprehensive about volunteering. After she asked again for someone to volunteer to give their powerpoint assignment, I ended up saying I would do it only a few hours before class. It wasn't designed to present but rather to be turned in as a comprehensive assignment. Still, it went over really well and I talked for over 30 minutes. Afterwards, I had people telling me how great it was. I think I may have used the opportunity to vent some of my frustrations about my work but I don't think they'll hear about it. I'm just so pleased that the class is done and hopefully I've guaranteed an A by volunteering to present.

No comments: