Saturday, March 17, 2012

my lil guy turns 11

Recently, vets got together and made Dean younger. Actually, they made all old dogs (and cats) younger by recalculating how dogs and cats age. Traditionally, people would multiply a dogs age in human years by seven to determine how old they are. Now, they figured that this isn't an accurate portrayal of a dog's age so now it's not a standard measurement but it worked in Dean's favor. Instead of being 77 in dog years, he's now 60! Unfortunately, he did start showing his age more today. He's limping ever so slightly again and he has developed allergies. I've been giving him Benodryl upon the vet's recommendation because he's been sneezing a lot. Maybe when he's better, I'll take him out to do something fun.

For his birthday, I took him to the pet store today to buy him a cookie, a bone and a toy. I love this guy and I wish I could buy him more time with me. I just have to figure out some way to be able to bring him to work daily.

What else?
It's also St Patrick's Day and a Timbers game. Victory and Caroline decided that they wanted to go to the Rose and Thistle, a Scottish pub I've never been to and I'm not sure I'll return to. True, people have different reasons for going to the pub on St Patrick's Day besides to watch the game. However, it was almost impossible to watch or enjoy the game there. It was really loud, we could barely see the TV and the table across the bar from us kept shouting dumbass stuff like, "No Homo" as they posed for pics together. Between them and the guy who came in wearing a Redskins jersey, I was gonna hit someone.

At half-time, I told Ashes, Victory and Caroline that I was ready to go. Instead, we went to check out the back patio where it was quieter, there was a better view of the TV and the people were a lot cooler. There was a long rainbow picnic table that was only half full of people so we asked if we could join them and they said yes. The people were awesome and the view was a lot better. There were still obnoxious drunks there but they were tolerable. If I go back, I will head right to the back patio.

Also, after the game, I met up with Andrew, Sophia, Xbox and Jesse to watch Harold and Maude at the Bagdad. I've recently discovered the movie and I love it. Jesse, Sophia and Andrew also love it so it made for a great night.

Also, yesterday was my last 8 hour class and my last class of the quarter so I have a lot to celebrate!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I've never been to the Rose and Thistle but I remember someone had a bad experience there back in the day. I'll put that on my list of not-cool places, along with Biddy McGraw's. That place sucks, too.