Monday, March 12, 2012

the bitter end at the beginning

Today was the Timber's first regular game of the season and it's a home game. Ashes got a ticket to go so Victory and I went to watch the game at the Bitter End (for my first time there). The Bitter End is within two blocks of the stadium so a good number of people were packed into the bar up until the national anthem was playing. Then they headed over to the stadium.

It's a nice place although the vegetarian options are very limited. Still, it was a rainy rainy day and being inside where a veggie burger and a beer doesn't cost $20 and I can be dry was really pleasant. Also, the game rocked! Philadelphia scored the first point but we answered it with not one, not two but three goals! Boyd, our new hottie from Scottie, had an awesome header. Kalif Alhassan set it up for him and also ended up scoring the last goal. I'm hoping that we're going to be a better team this year. I'll watch either way though.

Also, Ashes told me where I could buy a soccer scarf. I've been eyeing the Republic of Cascadia scarf for weeks now and right after the game, I ran over to the truck where they were selling them and bought one!  Whoo hoo!

What else?
On Friday, I bussed out to Jen's for the first time to watch Paranormal Activity 3. It's nice that it's just one quick bus trip from my house to her's. Then I bussed it back down to the Laurelhurst Theater where Dom, his friend, Jesse, Sophia, XBox and I went to Flash Gordon. I'm a bit surprised by this but I don't think I've ever seen the film all the way through.

On Saturday, Andrew and I brunched, went shopping at Saturday Market where I bought a wrist band and then we went to the Red and Black to play Battle-Line. I love that game and I love hiding from the rain in a friendly cafe with Andrew. Afterwards we went Roadside Attraction for drinks and then Bonfire for food. Such a simple lazy day.

No comments: