Sunday, April 1, 2012

tweed ride 2012

I love this ride. Each year and each ride has been distinctly different. This year, Sophia, Tim and I continued our tradition of going. Andrew joined us though and the ride started at Kenilworth Park for a change. It was windy and damp in the air but it didn't really rain on us. I've complained about group bike rides having too many stops before but this ride could have done with one or two. We just kept going though until the four of us bailed on the ride downtown. It was a lot of fun but surprisingly tiring for how slow the pace is. The start of the day may have been what wore us out though.

To begin with, I changed my tire from last night only to have the new tube explode on me. I then drove around to several places to look for a new tire only to discover that no bike shop in the Portland area opens before 11am on a Sunday. Fortunately, Andrew had an extra tube so I changed that up quick (thanks to my training) and put the finishing touches on Andrew's wardrobe. Then we biked downtown for our annual Bijou brunch before the tweed ride. The only problem was they were really busy so we biked back to the Doug Fir and brunched there.

Like I said, there were no stops so it was a fairly uneventful ride. I was ever so grateful though to Justin for meeting us at the park to take the first two pictures above. Also, it was nice to see familiar faces from rides past. It's a smashing tradition that I am pleased to take part of.

What else?
It's getting serious. After close to a year of dating, Andrew and I had the relationship talk. I won't go into details but I was glad it finally happened and happy with the talk. Mystery is fun but there's something to be said for being upfront.

No comments: