Sunday, March 4, 2012

J512

Last night was J512. I'm updating it today because my new thing was lasting way past midnight. I DJ'ed three different sets tonight. I did a chill one to intro Jen on her first DJ gig. After Jen, I did my pre-planned dance one. Joe Ball's set followed afterwards and then Ashes gave it a go for a while. He had to step out for a bit so I stepped in and kept it going until late. Around 2:30am, I found the crowd's groove and kept them dancing until 4am when Ashes had to tell me to stop because it was late and people needed to go home. Ashes. Had to tell me. To stop. That's sooooooo weird. Normally, I'm the one who calls it a night first.

A couple of things really worked for me that were missing from last year's party. First off, Andrew was at this one. It was his first J-party and it was really nice to have someone there for me. Also, having other people DJ was really great. Last year, I played longer but not later and it was worse. Next, the setup in the house was better in that the DJ station was in the living room and not the garage.

Next year, I would love it to be at an actual venue. I LOVE playing for people and I would love to have more space to get more people dancing. Oh well, I'm just grateful for all that was awesome about tonight.

No comments: