Tuesday, March 6, 2012

dyi coffee

I've been working in this building for 1908 days since 1/8/07 (excluding weekends, holidays and vacations). In that time, I've frequented every coffee shop within walking distance but mostly the in-house cafeteria here. Recently, I've found the coffee to be unbearable so I've been frequenting the coffee shops around the area instead. The only benefit to the coffee here is that is only costs 84 cents. Spending anywhere from $2-4 a day on coffee really adds up so I just decided to do it myself today.

Sophia has a crazy amount of french presses at the house. She wisely picks them up whenever she sees them at garage sales. She suggested that I take one to work this weekend so today I grabbed the coffee that I've had in our freezer for months, a carton of soy creamer and the french press. We have a hot water spout here so it was really simple and really good. I was the envy of the office! If I got nothing else accomplished at work today, I would still consider today a victory!

What else?
Matt 'Matilda' Sycamore had a reading for her latest anthology today at Powells entitled, "Why Are Faggots so Afraid of Faggots?" I was initially afraid of going to the reading because I was concerned that I was flaming enough. However, the book doesn't chastise people for not being being overly femme. It just critiques the main-streaming of gay culture and the "battles" that we fight for like marriage and military service while there is still bashings going on and queer youth have to endure abuse after abuse just to wait until 'it gets better.' I'm looking forward to reading it and challenging my own perspectives.

No comments: