Sunday, January 8, 2012

game day

I've really really enjoyed this resurgence of games in my life during this winter break. So far, I've learned Wizard and Phase 10 over break. Yesterday, we played Cranium and Apples to Apples. Today, Andrew and I went up to the Star-E-Rose cafe and played some cribbage. While we played, a group of jazz musicians were putting on a performance would provided great ambiance to our game. Andrew hasn't played cribbage for a long time and I recently played with my family so I pretty much destroyed him the first two games. The third game was a lot closer but I still won. My best move was when we were laying down our cards and I ended up laying the fourth ace in a row for 12 points. He doesn't enjoy losing, and more specifically getting his butt kicked, so I actually prepped him by saying, "Okay, here we go but you can't leave..." and then dropped the points. Hells yeah. (I'm a hopeless dork)

Anyway, he later showed me how to play the game Battle Lines back at his place. It's a very strategic 2-player game. I enjoyed it a lot although he won three games in a row. So I guess we're tied. After we said our goodnights, we each promised vengeance and to practice the other game.

For a while, I have had this glorified idea that the perfect way to spend a Sunday would be to be playing games in a pub or coffee shop. So for me, this was practically a perfect Sunday.

No comments: