Thursday, January 5, 2012

plumbing out of luck

On 12/6/11, Arturo came over for a visit. We got less than sober and I started talking to him about how our bathroom sink doesn't drain properly so he said that he could probably fix it. Plumbing has always seemed like a task I shouldn't attempt, especially in the state that we were in. However, he seemed confident so we took off the s-pipe and cleaned it out. I don't think it helped at all except to prove to us that the problems were beyond simple solutions.

This weekend, our kitchen sink pipes developed a leak. That was the final straw for Sophia so she called a plumber to come over and see what we need to have done. They came over today during the day so I took care of them. While showing them around, I got to see Sophia's bathroom for the first time. Due to plumbing problems, it's not used so that's how I've lived here for six months without seeing the second bathroom. The plumbers were fine guys who seemed confident that they could fix the problem but they also seemed confident that it was going to be an extensive (and therefore expensive) job. Paying for plumbing still seems like too much of a responsible expense for me or my friends to have. Maybe that's a good indicator that I shouldn't think about buying a house anytime soon.

What else?
I forgot to mention that I bought a new book on Tuesday: Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. I just want one more frivolous read before I start school next Wednesday. It's a fun and easy read so I should be able to finish it in one day.

No comments: