Friday, December 23, 2011

family game time

Playing card games is a tradition in my family. On my mom's side, most of the aunts, uncles and cousins would play poker in the basement for change. They would also play cribbage quite a bit. On my dad's side, we played pitch. Also, my aunt Diane taught my cousins and I how to play hearts so we would frequently play that. I really look forward to seeing my family just because I miss them but the prospect of card games is a wonderful bonus.

For Christmas, Eric and Alyssa bought my the game pictured above: Wizard. It's a game so fun that they actually didn't wrap it and they gave it to me early so we could play when I woke up this morning. It involves a regular deck of cards but there's the addition of four wizards and four jesters. Basically, you try to guess how many hands you can take based upon your cards, the trump suit and how many points the other players think they can take. It's easy when you start playing it and very addictive. Needless to say, we played it a lot!


What else?
We went to Dona Mary's tonight for dinner. It's a Mexican restaurant established in the back of a Mexican Grocery store in Gibbon. The food was okay but the drinks were amazing and amazingly cheap. My favorite was called Paradise. It was amaretto, midori and some other things mixed together. Just sweet enough and refreshing!


On the episode of Dexter where he goes to Kearney, he goes to visit an old acquaintance who works in a hardware store so a couple crucial scenes take place in hardware stores. Today, I went looking for a Christmas present for someone and had to hit several hardware stores in Kearney. I just thought it was a funny coincidence.

No comments: