Saturday, January 28, 2012

give a girl a pony

One of my friends posted somewhere (on facebook or twitter or something) that her New Years resolution was to dance everyday. What an awesome idea.

I love love love dancing. Fortunately, I have my co-worker Erin who loves it too and we both love BlowPony. I wish there would have been more pop played tonight but I still danced like mad. Above is Erin dancing after she pulled her friend Chelsea (who I met for the first time tonight) and me on stage and then she went further and danced behind the super-hot DJ who had a handlebar mustache and a fake wolf tail (which I held).

As much fun as I knew I'd have, I'm still impressed that I went. I didn't hardly sleep last night and I spend the whole day exhausted although I couldn't nap. I ended up having a few shots of rum, a Red Bull and a veggie burger with an egg on top at home to get me through a few more hours. I'm glad I did because it's really been way too long since I've danced.

What else?
On the way to BP, I stopped at the Decentralized Dance Party which was happening in the streets. Had there not been BlowPony just a few blocks away, I may have stayed. Thank goodness for BP though because the DDP looked like a rave and got busted like one too.

No comments: