Friday, November 19, 2010

impervius

On Wednesday, I got drenched biking home from my internship.  In the morning, the weather was great but the afternoon brought cold rain and wind.  I had my rain jacket on as well as my rain cover for my helmet but my lower half was sopping wet.  I lived and learned and then got rain booties.  Dave from my internship has them and I was super-jealous on Wednesday when he put them on.  Yesterday, I bought them at Seven Corners and today was my first day of testing them out. I also put on my ski pants which kept me all water-proof.  The only thing exposed were my ears which I will fix next week.  I'm ready for you, Winter!

What else?
 
It's the beginning of the end.  I saw Harry Potter 7.1 with my housemates today.  I hustled everyone out of the house two hours early so we could buy tickets.  There didn't end up being a line so we waited at Kay's Bar and Grill until it started.  Kay's was nice.  The guy working that night seemed really busy but very friendly as well.

The movie was awesome.  I was sorely disappointed in the sixth installment so I'm glad that the director was able to bring it back for the first half of the seventh movie.  The majority of the significant scenes that I could remember from the first half of the book were present in the movie.  It felt a bit rushed but less so than the other films.  Also, they got a lot further than I thought they were going to which means that the next movie is going to be pure action and have a lot of opportunity to focus on some very cool scenes!  It's going to be a long eight months until that one comes out!

No comments: