Saturday, November 13, 2010

a random day

I'm trying to figure out some way to put some coherency to my day but it was full of random things I did, most of which were new.

First, Jess and I went to Jam for the 1st time.  I love brunch.  The thing I hate most about my work schedule is that I only get two really good brunches per week.  Brunch is probably the easiest meal made vegetarian.  Jam had a lot of options, both drink-wise and food wise.  Today, I got a coffee, a pineapple/orange mimosa and the JD massacre breakfast burrito.  It filled me up so much that the only other thing I ate today was a small cup of chili.

Then, we went to Vintage Pink because it's right near Jam.  They had some awesome furniture and good pieces of decor but it was all waaaay to spendy.  Part of the problem with working at a thrift store is you see everyday how cheap things can be (and I don't even work for the cheapest thrift store chain in town).

Later on, I biked through the rain up to see Bash Back speak at the Red and Black.  Bash Back is currently in legal trouble for flyering in a mega-church in Michigan.  The same group that defends God Hates Fags is seeking retribution for damages (which they are making up) against Bash Back on behalf of this homophobic institution.

Afterwards, I got my haircut my a new person.  I have realized that I don't go to Bishops for the stylists.  I go there because they give me a beer (even if it is MGD) and the desk guy is super sweet.

Finally, I biked home quick, grabbed my pink i-pod and returned it.  The sound wasn't working on it unless I tweaked the headphones cord a certain way.  I didn't want to bother so I put everything on my phone and ditched the i-pod.  However, this meant biking all of the way home when Bishops is right across the street from Fred Meyers, picking up one small thing and then biking all the way back.  Oh well, it was good exercise since I don't plan to do anything tomorrow! :)

No comments: