Monday, November 29, 2010

ethicality

I've gotten used to class presentations by now.  I've done well (even outstanding) on two of the three group presentations I've done in my master's career so I wasn't sweating this one but pretty much most of the other people in the class were.  We had to do a calming exercise ahead of time where we told ourselves that, although our bodies were nervous, we were in no danger.  I actually got more worked up after the exercise.  I was completely calm and had nowhere to go but nervousville.

However, we did well.  There were six groups, all presenting ethical dilemmas for social workers.  Our dilemma was what do you do when a client with protected confidentiality status who is HIV positive tells you that he's having high-risk sex with an unknowing partner.  We were the fourth group to present and the first group to not do it via powerpoint.  It was a nice change of pace and the teacher wanted us to keep it short because we were running out of time.  She did tell me afterwards that we did great so that was reassuring...not that I had any doubts.

No comments: