Thursday, November 25, 2010

harvest week

Normally, this is the one holiday I really like celebrating.  Due to schedules, attempted plans, unconfirmed plans, good friends, new acquaintances and last minute changes, it continued to be one of my favorite holidays this year.  It wasn't our big harvest dinner that we do at our house but it was at a good friend's house with excellent vegan food and a more intimate setting.  We played Apples to Apples and got caroled by Beatles songs.  Dean also got to come hang out.  I wasn't sure what to expect from the day with all of the changes from the last five years or so but it ended up just exactly like I wanted it to.

What else?
I don't have the interest, energy or pictures to create posts for earlier this week so I'm just going to cover them here quick.  On Monday, I had a conversation with a client at work about the benefits of coming out.  It was awesome to be able to help him through the process and talk with him about what he could expect to feel.  On Tuesday, I had tried new drinks with Jessica at Delta since it's their all-day happy hour.  On Wednesday, I baked a vegan pecan for the first time.  I also helped a resident at my internship register for classes on the PCC website.  It hasn't been an amazing week but I've been thankful for all of the opportunities I've had and all of the friends surrounding me.

No comments: