Wednesday, November 3, 2010

the happy valley

This morning started off with me dumping a cup full of coffee in my lap.  Fortunately, it got better.

I normally work at my internship on Wednesdays but I switched today for yesterday because one of my clients, one of my favorite clients had a photo shoot for the cover of the company newsletter today.  This isn't the first client I've promoted to the cover of the newsletter.  It's not even the second.  I've tried to make sure that I have one of my clients on the cover each year.  So far, I've been successful.  I guess that double major in English/Public Relations has come in handy.

While I am good and persistent at promotion, this particular guy has done amazing this past year and was a very easy sell to the marketing department.  I am extremely proud of the progress he has made.  Of course, my opinion may be swayed by the fact that he calls me every single weekday to leave a message on my work voice mail, saying what a great job he's doing and that I'm an awesome guy.
The photo shoot today was at his mom's house.  It was also a fabulous day today so I was determined to ride my bike around.  I took mass transit and bike to all of my stores and then up to Happy Valley where his mom resides.  You'd think that if they were going to name a place, 'Happy Valley,' it wouldn't be a gigantic hill.  I can do hills but this was ridiculous.  I had to stop after a while and walk the bike.  By the time I got to their house, my backpack had left a large sweat stain on my shirt which was embarrassing but I got kudos for riding my bike.

The shoot went great.  This guy has a very supportive family so it was more of a party.  His mom had bought food and cheesecake for everyone.  Not only did they take pictures of him but also of the whole family and pictures of his grandpa playing pool with him.  I think everyone walked away from it thinking of it as a positive experience.

The ride back was awesome.  I had a little more uphill to do (where I took the picture above) and then coasted downhill so quick I had to ride the brakes on the sharp turns.  It ended up dumping back onto the Springwater Corridor which I took home.  I love my job!

No comments: