Saturday, September 25, 2010

a great show to lose money on



Tonight wasn't the first show that I've ever helped with that's lost money and it's not the first show that's lost money that I would still consider a success either.  However, I will have to say that I was definitely more upset this time around that not more people were here to see it because it was a GREAT show.  Of course I love Riot Cop but I have deep appreciation for the raw energy, enthusiasm and radical nature of HolyHolyHoly.  I also got to see Broken in Half for the first time.  The video above is them performing last night.  I was going to take a video of HolyHolyHoly too but the singer got naked too quickly and I didn't want to be the creeper who posted that on-line.  If you wanna see that, you got to go to the show.

While I am upset that more people did not the chance to go, I did love the people that were there.  There were some underage folks that probably didn't have a lot of options for real entertainment downtown that thought it was just the craziest thing ever.  I honestly don't know how some of these folks ended up at the show because it didn't appear to be their scene but I think every last one of them enjoyed it and I bet they'll be back.  That's what makes it a success.

No comments: