Thursday, September 9, 2010

my jamis

Seven years and four months ago, I bought my Specialized Crossroads at a pawn shop in Vancouver for $100.  Considering the time I have gotten out of it, I think that it has paid for itself many times over.  Last night, as I was going to the Joan Rivers doc, I was turning in dismount position and my pedal hit the sidewalk.  It lurched my bike just enough to cause two spokes to come out.  I know I've had spokes problems before but I don't know if I've ever caused them to pop out.

Anyway, this morning sucked because I could not get the tire to turn.  I had to get a ride to work and take the tire to Seven Corners on my lunch break.  It wasn't even raining this morning and I couldn't ride.  It was then that I accepted that I was just going to have to get a second bike.  I had another bike a while ago.  It came free to me when the Cascadia Infoshop closed.  However, I gave it away a while ago to someone.  I didn't like it that much anyway.

Since I've been riding so much more often, I decided I was due for a new bike.  I've scouted the Jamis Comp Coda commuters for about a month now.  Jesse got one and said he liked it so I tested it out today.  It's a smaller bike than my specialized but it's a smooth ride.  Corey was very honest with me and said that, although my bike has served me well, it is not setting the bar very high.  Any new bike will be a lot better by comparison.  Still, I really liked the bike and I *heart* Seven Corners.  I would never consider going anywhere else to get a new bike.  So I made an impulsive decision and bought it.  Corey threw some cup holders on it and a kickstand and I was set.

I still plan on riding my Specialized.  Actually, I want to build the rack out more so it could support a sound system.  Now that it's not my everyday bike, I think it will serve it's purpose as a sound system/star wars speeder bike.

No comments: