Sunday, September 12, 2010

blue lake ride

I took the Jamis out to Blue Lake Park today.  This was a case where the destination was not important but the journey was.  I wanted to get out and ride today so I picked Blue Lake Park quickly.  I found a site online that said it was a 20 mile bike trip.  It was actually closer to 23 with all of the extra paths I explored.  It also was an expedition just trying to get to the start of the bike path.  Overall, I ended up riding 43 miles by the time I got up north.

At the park, I met a fellow cyclist who had just recovered for five weeks after a shoulder injury and was on her first expedition out.  Her doctor had told her to stay off the bike for six weeks but she finally got him to agree to five because she was getting anxious and needed to ride.  She told me about group rides set up through a meet up website.  I need to look into it as I want to do more of this.  She mentioned a ride around Mt Hood which would be awesome.  I'll need to work up to that level.

3 comments:

justin said...

holy shit that's awesome!

Anonymous said...

I am envious of your ride. I crashed my bike last week and injured both of my hands, but I am on the mend (faster than expected) and should be back in the saddle by the weekend. I might have to explore the Blue Lake area soon. ~Jayson

Eric said...

Nice pics! The one with the shadow reminds me of Korn's first album cover, but in a much less creepy way.