Sunday, September 19, 2010

from Rainier to rainier

I don't really get to Seattle very often but this is my second visit so far this year.  Both times, I went to the Space Needle.  It's not that impressive but, like my dad said, if you only make it to Seattle once, it's something you should do.  Dad and I went up.  I got a better view than I did last time since it wasn't as cloudy.  Still, meh.  I'm glad my dad suggested taking a different path back to Portland other than I-5.  I used my phone to get us directly south which put us close to Mt Rainer.  I only got us lost once too when we went out of phone range.  D'oh, technology fail.
This is where we got a little lost.  It's probably the closest I have been to Mt Rainer.  It's a pretty area that I'd like to spend more time in.  It's really not that far from Portland so I will have to get up there sometime within the next year.

After our drive, we went to watch the swifts but the rain chased us away and the birds into the chimney quickly.  We ended up going to a movie at the Mission so we could get food too.  It's the first time I've eaten at the Mission and the first time I've been there and not in the balcony.  It was nothing too exciting but it was a nice trip and a nice visit with my parents.  They're heading to Paris later on this week so I wasn't going to try to make the Seattle experience compete with that.  It was a nice simple Northwestern experience.

No comments: