Saturday, September 4, 2010

ramona's bowling b-day

I made my standard cake this morning for Ramona's ninth birthday at her request.  Her birthday party was held at the bowling alley which has changed.  We put up fake names (star wars themed) and the monitor displayed a fairy tale theme which was cute and made me think how far we've come from manual calculations and small pencils.  It made the 'sport' a little more lame.

What else?
I went to Mulligan's for the first time.  It's a Saturday night but I didn't really feel like whooping it up.  Instead, Sophia, Jesse and I went for a casual night and super cheap drinks at one of the few non-hipster places to drink on Hawthorne.  The place can hardly be viewed as a destination for a lot of people.  It doesn't offer a lot of entertainment or atmosphere but I think I'll be back when I want to just hang.

No comments: