Friday, September 17, 2010

invasion

If you click on the picture above, look at the head of the silhouette and you'll see a little cornhusker sticker.  This tilework is outside of the restrooms at Pike's Place Market in Seattle.  Normally, I would be surprised to see a Nebraska sticker here but not today.  My parents said that a travel agency in 'Braska bought a lot of the tickets and sold it as a vacation package to fans.  Apparently, a lot of people went for it because I could not take more than 10 steps in Seattle without running into a gaggle of red N shirts.  It's weird.
It was nice to have the opportunity to show my parents around.  It's another day where I'm grateful for my droid though because Seattle a pretty frickin big place with lots of small confusing roads and very minimal parking.  The droid served as our navigator today as we went down to Pike's Place.  We had ice cream, apricots and beer.  Later, we met up with some family friends and all went to Piecora's Pizza.

My parents' friends' daughter went to school at U of W.  She's been living in Seattle for seven years.  I have her beat cause I've been here for eight years this month.  I think each of our parents are grateful we're here so they have a reason to go to the west coast and guides for when they get here.

1 comment:

Sophia said...

Your parents are cute! But they don't look like you.

xoxo