Friday, August 21, 2009

sisters are doing it for everyone else


I think of myself as a queer activist but I don't think that I actively do enough for the queer community anymore. I need to do more. Tonight, I attended an event put on by several groups that could teach me a think or two.

The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence are not only quite a spectacle but they are also quite the movers and shakers, getting shit done, causes supported and the word out. Tonight, the Sisters were being recognized for being an active force in Portland for the past 4 years and for being around nationally for 30 years at the Portland Artist Network event at Ella Street Social Club. Yellow Brick Road was also being recognized for all of their amazing work, getting volunteers on the streets to hand out medical/hygiene supplies every night for the past 25 years. Fuck, I'm lazy! I need to be acitvated, stat!

No comments: