Tuesday, August 18, 2009

lost connection

It's sad but as technology increases, our brain-power decreases. Technology becomes something that we rely on and therefore we no longer need to use the part of our brain that previously handled that function. That's the main reason I won't get a GPS. I can read a damn map...sort of. Well, either way, I'm most likely going to get lost. At least it'll be by my own volition if it's technology free.

Today was a good example of how we rely too heavily on technology. I was set to meet my friend Jen at Pioneer Courthouse Square to get her a new phone. We simply set a general vicinity (the square) and a time. Had we been thinking more, we would've said, "On the steps," "At the statue," or "At the verizon store." But no, we just said, "The square," which encompasses a good sized area. I waited for an hour on the steps and Jen waited for an hour in the store. I forgot that Jen's phone was broken and therefore we were unable to communicate while we were waiting. D'oh!

Had I been on a tight schedule, this would've been an issue. However, this human/technological error ended up peaceful as it gave me a good hour or so to just sit and people watch. Human's are funny sometimes.

No comments: