Sunday, August 16, 2009

la vie boheme

I may have said this before but one of the many reasons that I chose to live in Portland was Hawthorne Blvd. Way back in 2002, when I googled 'Bohemian' and something else like street, area or city, the results came back saying Hawthorne Blvd in Portland.

When I first moved here, I loved just walking up and down Hawthorne and checking out the eccentricities. It was so lively and so fun and I love street musicians! It's gotten a lot more gentrified and it's more hipster than bohemian but it's still a nice place to visit. I just wouldn't want to live there.

Sophia and I went to the Hawthorne Street Fair today and walked up and down the boulevard. It was too crowded and I would've loved for them to shut down the streets during the fair but it was still enjoyable. We signed up for a lot of free stuff and put our names into cruise contests. Ending at the afternoon with my favorite dinner in all of Portland (#106 Eggplant and Tofu in Garlic Sauce) at Thanh Thao made it a very enjoyable day, like all Sundays should be.

No comments: