Wednesday, January 23, 2008

stitchery for the devil

When I was a kid, I had a Snoopy toy that went with me everywhere. Due to heavy use, it was constantly falling apart. My mom was its doctor, patching it up about every other week by sewing a new nose or eyes on it or stitching its arm back on.

Dean’s favorite toy is a little devil with a squeaker inside it. He’s chewed off half of its head, both arms, his tail and a good portion of its back but I keep stitching it up because he loves it so. The other day, I found the devil’s squeaker laying outside his body. It was shaped like a lung. Creepy. Anyway, today, I went out on a search for more squeakers.

Originally, the toy cost me around $.42. After a few different store visits, I ended up finding replacement squeakers at PetsMart. A four pack of squeakers cost me $2. However, it was worth 100 times that to see him love his toy again.

No comments: