Monday, January 7, 2008

new tricks

If I didn't love my job right now and was asked what I would rather be doing, I would say working at a puppy daycare. Working with animals has always been a fall-back option for me but it's something I never pursued because I knew that I couldn't make it as a vet. I suck at science stuff and the idea of having to cut into an animal, even to save it's life, is appalling to me. I don't like blood. I think I could work with training animals though. I've done a pretty good job with Dean.

Today, we worked on a new trick outside the dog norm. I started teaching him to put away his toys which would be absolutely adorable if he could figure it out. I'm using a crate as his toy box because the dog has a lot of toys! He knows where they are so he can get them out when he wants. I would just like him to put one away before getting a different one out. I may be asking a lot but he's pretty smart. That old dog/new tricks thing is a bunch of bull spouted by people with difficult dogs. You're never too old to learn new things. That goes for dogs too.

No comments: