Tuesday, January 8, 2008

look ma! no boxes!


Recently, I've been accused of being a box-dinner person. I can acknowledge that I resort to box dinners a lot because they're quicker and easier but it still struck a nerve because deep down, I do like cooking. So tonight, I made dinner from scratch. It was Orange Chicken Stir-Fry. No pre-made mix or anything. I used veggie chicken cutlets because I wasn't going to harvest my own wheat, glutenize it and then wait for it to form into little chicken-like bits by 6pm. But it came in a bag not a box so there. Also, the recipe called for orange juice and lemon juice but did I go buy juice? No. I fracking squeezed an orange and a lemon to get what I needed. Yeah, that's right! Box this!

Here the recipe. It turned out fabulous (if you double the sauce, quadruple the orange and watch the starch) http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=15978.0

No comments: