Saturday, January 19, 2008

cause to exist

When I moved to Portland, I didn't know a soul here. The city was unfamiliar to me, it was my first time living outside of Nebraska and I was a bit overwhelmed. Everything was shocking and exhilarating. My friend Shawn moved to Minneapolis after 'Braska so he's put in his time elsewhere but now he's here. Portland is so drastically different from the Midwest. It was nice to connect with someone else on that level, especially since we hung out quite a bit years ago and are now just getting back in touch.

Social interactions are always so akward too after not seeing someone for so many years. People tend to ask, "What have you been up to?" How do you summarize four years in a few sentences or even a few paragraphs? It was cool with Shawn because we were able to gloss over a lot of the formalities and just start talking. It was nice to catch up and compare notes!

1 comment:

Lynnett said...

Hey, where's the blue-box art piece?