Tuesday, December 18, 2007

wrapping it up

I've always thought that most guys are 'fronting' when they say they hate shopping. It's like when they say 'I don't dance,' or 'Steel Magnolias sucks.' Deep down, they're just afraid of denting their masculine armor.

I used to enjoy shopping a lot. I never liked spending money but I always enjoyed looking. I hate capitalism and all but I will window-shop til my feet can't take it anymore. I hate big box stores and big chains which carry the same crap in the same display in strip malls across the country. Give me a unique shop, preferably thrift, anyday.

Today, I finished up my Christmas shopping. I decided to go car-free and walk Dean to Hawthorne and hit four or five shops there. He's never done that with me before and I think it took a lot out of him. I had to buy him a slice of pizza afterwards. Lazy males.

No comments: