Sunday, December 9, 2007

the kicker


I don’t understand taxes all that well. I know I have to pay them and I hate the fact that they are such a significant portion of my paycheck. I always use a tax program on-line to do my taxes every year. It’s super-easy so I don’t need to know a lot about it. I just need to be able to read the numbers off my W-4. As I said a couple of posts ago, economics was one of the classes in school that I got a D in.

Today, I got my first kicker check in the mail. They included a letter with it that said when the state of Oregon is over it’s expected revenue by more than 2%, they divvy up the excess. I still don’t get how they split it up or exactly how they’re over what budget but hey, I got a check for $372! That’s all I need to know. I cashed it quick-like just in case they decided they made a mistake.

No comments: