Friday, December 14, 2007

appreciation dinner


We had our second holiday dinner today for work. It's technically an "appreciation dinner" and it's just a coincidence that we have it before Christmas and exchange gifts.

Anyway, it was my first dinner with Long Term Services department at work (which is my department's name). We are grouped with the Job Connection department a lot because we have the same director. Today, I got to meet a lot of the Job Connections people because my boss insisted on assigned seating so we would mingle.

It sucked slightly because I had to sit by some rather annoying people instead of my friends. I did enjoy getting to meet a few of them and getting to know others better but there were other people I would have never sat by and I will never sit by again hopefully. One lady wouldn't stop talking about how annoyed she is when people don't eat with the right fork. Sigh. She also made some slightly sexist/homophobic remark because another guy remarked on how he liked a vase. She's one of those acquaintances that will be forgot come New Year.

No comments: