Sunday, December 2, 2007

taking comfort


It was a constant hard rain today. I think it's easiest to survive days like these if you just accept that you're not going out and if you do, you probably won't enjoy it. It puts off the cabin fever by making it feel like it's nothing your body could or should struggle against. Just relax and simmer down.

I started the day by adding one shot of peppermint schnapps to my coffee. No, I'm not an alcoholic. I just needed the caffeine to preemptively strike any up-and-coming caffeine-less headache but I really wanted to chill. It pretty much set my mood at mellow which I managed to maintain most of the day.

I did the food donation s and got a whole lot of mushrooms. When life hands you mushrooms, make soup. I've made canned soup before and boxed soup before but I've never made it from scratch. I found it odd that it was so damn easy and TASTY! It was also very fitting for the day though. I love a good soup day.

No comments: