Thursday, December 6, 2007

me and my big pink tank


I wasn’t a great student in school but I did a little better than average for the most part. I only got three D’s for the quarter throughout my whole educational career. One was in economics (I didn’t do the checkbook balancing project), one was in religion (in catholic elementary school. My mom was pissed.) and the other was in driver’s ed. I have never professed to be a good driver. Before today, I could count seven accidents where there has been damage or vehicle-to-vehicle contact and each one of them have been my fault or a freak act of nature. Today, for the first time, I wasn’t at fault.

I was backing out of a parking space from one of my stores and a pickup decided to back out in a wide arc and hit my car’s ass. I jarred me a bit and he came over and apologized profusely. There was no damage to either vehicle and I felt fine so I said, “We’re cool,” and I got back in the car. I hate paperwork and since it happened while I was at work, it would involve even MORE paperwork if I decided to go there. I’m now convinced that my big pink tank is impenetrable. It may not get crap for gas mileage and my brakes/locks/trunk/turn signal/cigarette lighter/transmission may not work properly but it can take a lickin and keep on tickin.

Also, this is my third bad car thing in my series of three so I’m glad we all escaped it without a scratch.

No comments: