Tuesday, December 11, 2007

santa secrecy


At work, we are doing the Secret Santa thing. I don't know how this became a tradition in workplaces. Maybe it's not. Maybe it's just the jobs that I've held that do it. Anyway, usually I think it sucks. You end up getting someone you don't know very well something relatively lame and get something lame in exchange from someone who doesn't know a thing about you. However, this year it's working for me.

We made lists of what things we would like or what are interests are and we picked up those after we drew names. It makes it a lot easier. We are supposed to give a little something each week until the big reveal shortly before Christmas. It will end up being six weekly gift and then one "bigger" one. But the person who's my Santa has gone above and beyond. So far, I've gotten a nice coffee mug, two non-cheap dog toys, a pair of gloves, $5 gift certificate for the work cafeteria, too much candy, a santa hat (pictured above), a flashlight, multiple spices (oregano, basil, bay leaves, all-spice, cinnamon, red pepper, paprika, etc), six high end kitchen utensils that were probably bought at Linens and things, a santa ornament, a peppermint stick and a fudge mix kit. I think it's my boss because she loves Christmas and would be the person to go above and beyond. I'm pretending like I don't know though because I'm pretty sure she would like to keep it a mystery for now.

Anyway, for my new thing today, I made fudge. I ground up the peppermint stick and threw it in there too. It ended up being really really good even though I wasn't supposed to (it used marshmellows) but hey, it was free and tis the season and all.

No comments: