Saturday, October 31, 2015

halloween 15

Typically for Halloween night, I either have turned the lights off or just put a bowl of candy on the front porch with a sign telling kids to help themselves to one. This year tho, we stuck around and handed out candy to the little ones. I actually enjoyed it. We had maybe 30 or so trick-or-treaters, despite the hard rain. My favorite was a lil 4 or 5 yr old Batgirl. I was afraid we'd have too much candy left over so I said she could take two. She replied, "I'm gonna take three" and then took four. It was cute tho so she got away with it.

We had some friends over and watched It Follows. The movie wasn't great but it was nice just hanging out all casual-like. I'll admit that the holiday bug did start to bite earlier in the week and I thought about getting a costume together but I'm not a fan of the last-minute costume so I held my cool and just played the responsible adult. Next year tho...

What else?
Yesterday, we hit up Hawthorne for drinks, trying the Portland Cider bar for the first time. I had a great honey cider. I enjoyed the atmosphere there and they had a lot of ciders on tap and taster options so I'm sure we'll be back.
This morning, we also tried the Spritely Bean, a comic book store/coffee shop not too far from us on Powell. Again, I love the atmosphere and the drinks were good so we will most likely go back there too. I have to admit that we are blessed with coffee shops within walking distance.

No comments: