Monday, October 19, 2015

stand up work

After a month of family leave, I returned to work today. I've a actually been missing it. I thought that I would love the life of being a homemaker but I've been missing a sense of purpose. In the book The Outlander that I listened to on the way back to Nebraska, the narrator talked about how laziness was frowned upon in this highland castle because everyone has a stake in making their community work together. I've been feeling lazy so I'm glad could go back to doing my part.

As I was walking up to my office, I began to get nervous that things may have changed while I was gone but I was also nervous that they may not have changed. I didn't want to come back to a completely different job with different people in a different system but I'd like to think that, in a month, things would move along. My job isn't that stale.

I ended up getting just the right amount of change. I didn't lose any customers or gain any new ones and progress had been made but things didn't seem like they were out of my control. Basically, it was my old job again. However, I did get the nice new addition of a standing desk, pictured above. I marveled at it for a second and then lowered it back to a sitting position. I'm definitely going to be standing more though. I need to make some changes to my life, my job, and my routine but I don't want to completely disrupt everything.

What else?
For my last day of freedom yesterday, I took it easy. I read comics, walked Ava, and got the mixings for vegan cannabutter which will be my new thing down the road. My new thing yesterday was seeing the office of my gym buddy (or swol mate as Sophia likes to say).

No comments: