Thursday, October 29, 2015

the cookie experiment

Years ago, when I still lived at Long House, a guest from a party brought over pot cookies. Ashes put them in the freezer and later told me that I could have them. There were three of them and, on two separate occasions, I ate the first two. They were nice and mellow so I didn't think a thing about eating the third on another night. It turns out that the third was so much stronger. I came out of my bedroom and informed everyone that I was going to need comfort. Ashes told me it would be okay, assured me that I couldn't die from a THC overdose, and told me to sit on the couch while we watched TV. Every time I tried to get up from the couch, Dean would stand up from the floor in front of the couch and push me back down. He was such a good stoner helper.

Yesterday, my new thing was making totally legal, home grown pot cookies. Today, after work, my new thing was eating one. I knew I should have started with 1/2 but I wanted to honestly say what a full cookie would do. To make the THC oil, I took 10 grams of pot and cooked it and then cooked it in oil, and then cooked it again, froze it, thawed it out, strained it through a cheese cloth, and it was ready. I only used 8 teaspoons of oil as the recipe recommended using 1/2 teaspoon for every serving. I still have at least half of the oil left. However, one cookie was enough to fuck me up proper.

I use pot frequently but I'm a very low user. I like to ride a long but shallow high during the weekend or a quick puff after work so riding an intense cookie train was a bit too much but I survived. I tried watching the Walking Dead but it was too intense so I cooked. I managed to make some really good enchiladas and do some laundry but I couldn't leave the house. After a bit, I couldn't do anything but lay on the bed and wait for it to pass. I did look up how much pot you'd have to take to OD. A 175 lb adult would have to ingest 33 grams of pure THC. I definitely didn't have pure THC, and I only used 10 grams of pot for the oil, only used 1/2 of that for the cookies, and only ate 1/25th of that in the one cookie I had so I knew I'd be fine. I had bought the ticket so I was going to ride the ride.

Fortunately, Andrew came home and we watched Party Girl which is the perfect movie for my situation. Next time I try baking, I will eat 1/4 or 1/8 of a cookie first and work my way up. But, it does mean that I have way more pot and edibles that I'm going to be able to use.

No comments: