Friday, October 16, 2015

biking tilikum

I was ready to go back in to work today...yesterday. However, when today actually came around, I thought I may as well enjoy this one final day of my leave. I met Ashes and Dom downtown for lunch while Andrew worked from home. To get there, I used the Tilikum Crossing. I had biked it before but never functionally, always as a tourist. Also, I have never taken the upper path that goes north on the westside from the bridge. It's really quite nice as it pulls you away from the pedestrians and the restaurants on the southern waterfront.

Also, Andrew and I ended up trying out Nakhon Thai on Hawthorne. While I was in Nebraska, Nakhon opened up where the Hawthorne Cafe used to be. It's surprising that yet another Thai restaurant would open up on Hawthorne but this place has a Southern Thai menu, a good cook, and a nice space inside so I think it will survive.

No comments: