Friday, October 9, 2015

back where we belong

We made it.

Today's ride was only 5 hrs and 50 minutes which is close to half of what Wednesday's ride was. It was no issue whatsoever. I was so excited about getting back and being off the road and at home with Andrew that I got up before dawn to get there.

Although Oregon is flush with scenic views and potential stops, we only stopped once every two hours for some exercise and to get gas. The picture above was our stop at the John Day River. It was the only park on the trip that we paid to get into and it was only a dollar.

Andrew didn't expect me back until later and I wasn't sure that we would stop more or have car trouble so I didn't let him know that we were getting back so early. I sent him a text when we were two blocks away so he came running out of the house. Ava was crying when she realized where we were and ran around like mad. Our journey is over.



 

No comments: