Wednesday, October 7, 2015

the road back

After two weeks, I started headed back to Oregon today. I haven't been around my parents for more than a week since 1995. It was great to get to spend so much time just chilling with them without holidays being the reason I come back. I got to help them around their house but more importantly, we got to spend quality time together.

But now I'm on my way back. Two weeks is Also the most amount of time I've spent away from Andrew since we became boyfriends. I miss him and our house and my friends and Portland and being able to leave Ava alone. It's time to for me to go back.

We did our biggest stretch of the drive back today, heading 10 hrs to Dubois, WY. I should have planned a shorter trip because we didn't get a lot of time to stop anywhere although we hit a couple spots quickly. We walked around Hell's Half-Acre which was gorgeous and then we were able to stop at Wind River outside of Dubois. I also just finished The Outlander audio book. It was good and entertaining but I think I'll listen to a few podcasts and Dan Savage's book American Savage tomorrow to change things up.

No comments: