Sunday, October 11, 2015

all the trimmings

Years ago, this would have been inconceivable. I once paid $200 for 2 oz of shittier pot. I didn't buy it myself but a friend knew some people and he did it for me. He came back a bit frazzled from the purchase. The dealer was there with some of his friends and they had a gun on the table. Fortunately, in all my misadventures with pot, I've never personally experienced that and now I won't have to.

Legalization is the way to go. Not only do you eliminate the criminal aspect but you also get rid (or significantly reduce) the possibility of dealers trying to push something else onto the kids that find them. Plus, I heard that Oregon brought in 11 million (!!) dollars it's first week of legal pot sales. That's a significant amount of taxed revenue!

However, I didn't need to contribute to that at all and I might not be for the foreseeable future. That 2 oz of pot lasted me over 2 years. Since legalization, my intake amount may have increased but I'm still a lightweight and now we can have 8 oz in our house which we have thanks to our three legal plants. Andrew harvested it today and I helped him with the trimming. It's really sticky which is really good except for the scissors. It's still got a month to dry out in a jar but after that, I have no idea what we'll do with it all. I'm going to try making tinctures and edibles. I love this future.

What else?
I really missed my bike while I was gone so we took a bike ride out to Gresham via the Springwater. It is so gorgeous out there right now with the leaves turning colors! 

No comments: