Monday, August 27, 2012

the word of the savage

I typically listen to music when I bike. Some people consider it unsafe but then again, some of those people will talk on their cell phone while they drive so I don't care. Instead of music today, I listened to the Savage Love podcast while biking 40 miles round trip to one of my stores for work. Since 95% of my ride is on bike paths, it's safe and very entertaining. I've never downloaded podcasts onto my phone before since I didn't have the available GBs. However, my new phone has a lot more memory so I have room for delicious new material. Jen mentions Dan Savage enough that I decided I could try his podcast. I think I ended up listening to four of his shows just today while riding around everywhere. I love the idea of not just listening to music (although there is a time for that) but listening and learning at the same time.

The above picture is from a debate that he mentions on his podcasts wherein Brian Brown challenged him to a debate about the word of the bible. Brian Brown got his ass stomped. Watch it here.

What else?
We didn't get a package delivered today but Dean still decided to turn down my bed by evenly pulling down my sheets and quilt halfway down my bed and taking the pillows that I put on a shelf every morning (so he can't get fur all over them) and setting them properly side by side on my bed. Oh, then he took half the shoes out of my closet. What an odd fellow. Because I was a little bewildered by him,  I made him pose for a dog-shaming picture which I submitted to the site.

No comments: