Saturday, August 4, 2012

back to vancouver

Today was the hottest day of the year so far and at the hottest point of the day, I found myself on the I205 bridge again biking over to Vancouver. Andrew has two friends, Yvonne and Terri in the Couv and they wanted to have us over for a BBQ so I agreed although I tried to get out of it yesterday when I realized how hot is was going to be. But then Sophia told me about a trick that involved soaking a light long sleeve shirt in cold water and putting it on right before I went. After that, I felt a lot more comfortable.
Yvonne and Terri were great people to spend the day with and it really helped that they had two wonderfully funny dogs, Cali and Coco. Coco is the beautiful lab/chow mix pictured above. The best part of the day for me was tossing a tennis ball to Coco, trying to make it into the kiddie pool that was set up for her. Andrew tossed it over the pool once and Cali walked back to us thru the pool but then decided to stop and squat in the pool to pee. I laughed soooooooo hard.

What else?
Yesterday, we went to Tim's house for his birthday party where my new thing was meeting some of his friends for the first time, although I primarily stuck with my crew.

No comments: