Friday, August 17, 2012

robot in my pocket

 During Trek in the Park, my camera on my phone stopped working. Then earlier this week, my music controls stopped working. This all appears to be residual from the water damage. Sigh, I knew the rice trick was just too good to be true.

I tried to put up with it and I even thought I could get it fixed but then last Sunday, when we were taking a break from helping Gail move, I got to play with Bastard's Iphone 4S that had Siri and I knew that was what I wanted.

It's weird having a phone that I can not only dictate to but one that can process things through for me. I can tell it to remind me that I have an appointment coming up when I return to the office. I can tell it that Sophia is my housemate and it will remember that relationship. I'm sure there are a lot of other uses for it that I have time to discover too.

I do have a twinge of guilt about not holding onto my old phone longer but I may try to get it fixed now and then sell it off. I just don't want it to be completely scrapped when it's not a complete piece of junk (like the droid was).

What else?
Sophia came to my work today to teach my clients some yoga. I enjoyed it and I think it was fun for her and the clients. Afterwards, we went to Pacific Pie company for my first sit-down lunch there. I also tried my new favorite kombucha, KooKooLan.

No comments: