Friday, August 10, 2012

celebration of sophia

 Last year for Sophia's birthday, I was in Alaska. This year, I wanted to help her celebrate. Sophia and I originally bonded over how much we can't stand to make a fuss on our birthdays. Well, that was many years ago and I'd like to think we've grown since then. Today, I helped her celebrate her birthday properly, with wine, pizza and cupcakes.

She chose to go to Apizza Scholls for her birthday celebration. We did it smart and sent a scout (me) there early to get our name on the list so all nine of us didn't have to wait for an hour in the lobby area. After I got our name on the list, I presented Sophia with 18 cute little cupcakes from Saint Cupcake. It's a great alternative to one large cake.

Anyway, my new thing was buying those and trying the Tartufo with mushrooms AND ricotta. The waitress talked us into the ricotta although I feel it was unnecessary. It's an awesome pie with just the mushrooms.

What else?
I left my bike gloves at Jade the other day but they were so beaten up that I wanted to replace them anyway so I got a new pair at Seven Corners. I'm writing this so A) I can reference it later to see how long a pair of gloves lasts me and B) Corey mentioned how long I had been coming to the shop (9 years). It's nice to feel appreciated and nice that he remembers. 

No comments: