Thursday, August 9, 2012

aftershocks

I overdid it last night. I think it was the Chartreuse or the big stein of beer. Either way, I woke up with a hangover today. I had stuff to do at work though so I couldn't call in sick. However, I made it as easy of a day as possible for me.

For transportation, my job description says that I have to have reliable transportation. One may assume this means I have to have a car. However, a car has never been reliable for me, at least not as reliable as the combination of mass transit and bike which was how I managed today. I biked downtown and took the MAX out to Clackamas where I was able to spend 40 minutes reading Catching Fire, the second Hunger Games book. I'm surprised by how much I like this series.

From there, I biked to Bob's Red Mill for lunch. After that, I biked along Lake Drive and figured it'd be just as easy to bike the rest of the way back to the office as it would be to bus it so that's what I did. Not too bad for a hangover day.

I think I've biked to Bob's before so my new thing today was giving a ladybug a tour of the city and the suburbs while it rested in my bike lock.

No comments: