Wednesday, October 19, 2011

my first photo voice

I use photos in this blog most of the time to illustrate my post. Sometimes the picture is the post and sometimes I include a picture just because I like it and not because it necessarily has anything to do with the post. I would like my pictures to be more purposeful than pretty though. I have had 1111 posts so I have a little experience with using photographs to illustrate a point. Therefore, this photovoice project should be easy for me.

Initially, I had a lot of ideas about how to portray the Mental Health issues regarding aging. Most of these ideas revolved around using human models but we're not supposed to have people be the focus of the picture so I've got to think outside the box.

For my first set, I included the above picture to illustrate isolation. I also a picture of a tombstone with two spouses on it with only one of them having a date of death to illustrate loss and grieving. I also found the concept of putting your name on a tombstone at the age of 56 to be disheartening. Even though your spouse dies, you don't have to just start counting down the days until your own death. I however am jaded on relationships and undying love and all of that so what do I know.

Anyway, my new thing for today was using the D2L program at school to submit these photographs.

What else?
I also visited the PSU hot tub first thing this morning for the first time this quarter. This is going to have to start happening more regularly. 

No comments: